Brilliant Esther and Something New for Writers (who want to earn some money!)

Invitations

I haven’t made you all privy yet to some exciting news happening behind the scenes.

Let’s just say it has to do with the words book, deal, publisher, WOOT! Mkay?

I can’t officially announce anything just yet, but I can tell you that I didn’t set out trying to get a book published. If anything, I thought, “maybe when I’m 50 I’ll write a book.” Heh.

Well, a certain NYT bestselling author called me up and told me she wanted to support what I was doing and one way she could do that was to put me in touch with her brilliant agent Esther.

Enter Esther, literary agent extraordinaire!

(Agent to NY Times bestselling authors Lysa TerKeurst, Matthew Barnett and George Barna, Mark Batterson, David Kinnaman, Phil and Amy Parham of The Biggest Loser, Michael Franzese, Tim McGraw, Sara Evans, Tom DeLay and Chris Seay – I know!)

But this post isn’t about me or my soon-to-be-revealed exciting news (squee!). Nope, this post is about Esther and what she has created for all of us writers out there.

Well, all of us writers who would like to earn a living with our writing.

Friends, let me introduce you to the re:write conference – Rethink Your Platform, Turn Content into Profit, and Seize the Future.

Doesn’t that just get you fired up?!

Esther has brought together an amazing line-up of speakers who are going to teach and share their experiences with traditional publishing and OTHER forms of publishing that have led to successful income generation. Listen, if you can swing this conference, you’ve GOT to go. You are going to learn SO much, and, hello, you’ll get to hang out in San Diego, CA!!!!! I’ll be there and it will be my first time on the West Coast; I can’t wait!

SO, start figuring out how to get there so we can plan on having coffee together {ahem}. You can take 10% off your registration with code: SarahMae (good through December 31st).

Details

When: March 2-4, 2012

Where: San Diego, CA

Cost: $595-$899 THIS INCLUDES LODGING! So don’t let the high numbers scare you. ;)

You can follow re:write on Twitter @rewrite2012 (#rewrite12) and on Facebook here.

PSST…if you use Google Chrome and can’t access the re:write website, do this – it’s an EASY fix, I promise!

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” -Ernest Hemingway

Photo Credit: Invitations

13 Coffee Talks on “Brilliant Esther and Something New for Writers (who want to earn some money!)”

1. Lisa says:

What an exciting post! How cool the way God moves to place people in our lives at the right time, the right place…I am reminded daily, often about my writing, that it's not about my plan…but His!!! Conference sounds cool…probably won't make it this year as I'm attending another spring conference in MI, but will keep my eye on it!!

2. Theresa says:

OH! crud. Baby #4 is due mid-March so I'm pretty sure that one is not an option. Oh how I'd love California in March! And a writing conference sounds fabulous. Are there any webinars or articles or sites that we can visit to learn some of the stuff they are sharing there?

• Yes, we are planning on having some of the sessions available on audio. We will miss you and congratulations on Baby #4!

3. _mrs_h says:

This is exciting!!!!! Especially because my husband and I just got moved to San Diego by the military!!!!

4. Dionna says:

(Sigh.) I wish. :)

5. Andrea says:

This is exciting! I would love to come but wonder…what would I need to bring? written work? an open heart? Curious for more details:)

• If you have your writing samples or a book proposal that would be great. I will be reviewing all proposals given to me at the conference and will be giving you my feedback. And YES and open heart, of course…I like that…You will be learning a ton about the digital market, how to make money off of your content, new ways of publishing, how to build your platform, and hopefully my number one goal is that you will be inspired and motivated to keep writing and to never give up!

6. I've had my eye on Re:Write since I first heard about it, and being a west-coaster, it's a little easier for me to get to than some others (of course, Relevant will be worth every.single.solitary.mile…I just know it!). This just gave me a little more motivation — starting a savings jar now! :) Good Christmas gift from the hubby, perhaps?

Thanks for sharing!

7. Shaunda says:

I have loved writing since I was a girl and still have a passion for it. Unfortunately I have not been devoting enough time to writing since having a family of my own. I have wanted to start a blog and have a start on writing a novel. I know I have a lot to learn and much catching up to do in the realm of "espace". Would this be a place to start or is more geared to someone who already has a lot of blogging experience? I would also like more details. Thank you!

• Yes, ReWrite would be a perfect place for you to start. You will be learning a lot about the publishing world and the digital market. I also think for someone just like you, it will give you the courage to step out and know that your words matter. When you hear speakers like Paul Young (who wrote THE SHACK) telling you that he pitched his book to 28 publishers and everyone rejected it and then he self published it and sold it on his own…with no platform and then sold a million copies and sold the rights to a major publisher and the rest is history….over 12 million copies sold and he was a first time author. I love stories like that. It is what keeps me going as an agent. I really hope you can come and I know that you will be encouraged, inspired, and motivated. If you have any other questions on specifics of the conference, please feel free to email me directly. esther@feddandcompany.com.

• Shaunda says:

Thank you! I will be looking into this. It sounds like it would be very informative and encouraging. Writing is less intimidating to me than the act of sharing it and overcoming all of the technicalities. Possibly this is exactly the type of springboard I need to take my leap of faith.

I also love the Hemingway quote!

8. Sarah Jessica Farber says:

Just saw this post – congrats on your not-yet-announced news and partnership with Esther! Love that Hemingway quote. Cue the babes: "Mommy, what's a typewriter?"

9. KristineMac says: