If You’re Still Breathing, You Have Time To Change

Thread Heart

Listen, if you fear failure, and you struggle with, “why bother” and you get excited and you start things and then fall off the wagon, know this:

I am you.

And I understand and I get where you’re coming from. I fall, I fail, I figure it all out just to lose it. I’m tired a lot, too. But you know what? You are breathing, which means that you have time to change (and when I say “change” I don’t mean become another person with a totally different, magically new personality that no longer struggles, k?).  What I’m saying is that we can keep going…keep trying. You have a choice whether or not you will give up. You can choose to dust yourself off and take another step. Everyday is a choice, and life is hard and we manage. But we don’t manage alone.

We have someone who stands in the gap for us, helping us to change from the inside out. We are already perfect for eternity in Jesus, so now every bit of this life is a process of being made new. He knit us together, He makes us new, and He never gives up when we the seams come loose.

You will fail, and you will come undone at times. It’s okay. Keep going.

___

My before and after pics of my fridge (day 2 of 31 Days to Clean Martha challenge):

(Yep, this was in my fridge. Blech!)

___

Would you like to have this blog sent to your email inbox whenever a new post goes live? Click here.

Photo Credit: Thread Heart

30 Coffee Talks on “If You’re Still Breathing, You Have Time To Change”

1. Sam says:

Keeping it real! I am moving on to my fridge right after I purge the kids room, and before a gospel meeting tonight. I pray I keep my sanity!

2. Kim says:

We have the same fridge!

3. guest says:

Thanks for posting your pictures! I found a couple nasty things in my fridge too…lol

4. Mmmm, don't you just love Daisy sour cream?! There is just no comparison!!

I am nearly done with mine. Just the bottom drawers and bottom of fridge. Oh and a quick wipe down of the outside. Tick tock, tick tock.

5. Tisha says:

I do get tired. I do get worn down. Then I remember that the emotion of it is just that–it will move on if I will. Breathe in and breathe out! So good to know that God loves us and will clean us on the inside til we sparkle too!

6. JMC says:

I didn't take a before shot of mine. But I will be doing an after… so pretty! I have to wait for a bit to get the freezer done because we are also in the midst of having our shower remodeled and the water is off! ha ha!!

7. Renee says:

Great job!!!! I hate hate hate cleaning the fridge, why I have no clue, why do I wait until I can't ignore the funny smell before putting my clove on and clean it???? seriously I would take cleaning the washroom with bare hand and toothbrush 10 time faster then cleaning the fridge LOL

I my name is Renee and I hate cleaning my fridge!

I guess admitting it is the first step to recovery hehe! But seriously thank you for your book and the challenge, I needed a kick in the posterior t get me to clean my stinky fridge ! Now I have a fridge that smell nice and is sparkling :-), if I can just keep it this way!

8. I started something that I've been able to keep up (for the most part slipping a few times) that every sunday evening I clean out the fridge, monday is trash day so it goes in the trash sunday if it's still in there. It helps keep the fridge clean and no mystery food.

your fridge looks great!

9. Megan says:

I totally forgot to take a "before" pic, but I'm enjoying my clean fridge nonetheless!

10. Dawn Phenix says:

Ewh, you're very open and honest. You were growing penicillin!

11. JenS says:

So happy I found your blog. Fresh air.

12. E. RaMona says:

You had me at the title…..Thanks for this post. It's the small things which encourage us to continue on.

13. Michelle says:

And I am reminded again why God wants your blog in my reader. With tears and thanks-after a fruitless and discouraging day.

14. Kristin says:

I just stopped by because I am getting ready to go clean my fridge and wanted to say thank you so much for writing the ebook! Day 2 and already so inspired!

My fridge and freezer are packed full (6 kids eat a LOT of food) so I have some work to do! I know it will feel great when it is done though. Can't wait to keep reading!

15. Christi says:

Im stuck on Day 4… havent been able to clean my oven yet… but its nice to know that I'm not alone in missing some days… Thanks for the book!!! its wonderful!!!

16. Renee says:

Thank you for this post. It was of great comfort to me. I struggle not just with some of my housekeeping, but exercise & the like. It's a good reminder that if I'm still breathing, I can change!

17. Nicole says:

Thank you once again for encouraging us to get back up and breath and try try again. I actually got up when the 545 alarm went off today, and my plan is to do it every day – Up and in His Word before the voices and pitterpatters and to do's take over my day.

18. Amanda M. says:

I completely agree! Sometimes I feel really tired, usually for no apparent reason. However, the victory is that I keep going. And that is all we can ask of our selves sometimes. I am really enjoying these challenges. Thank you!

19. Kimmy says:

Sarah Mae, I just so appreciate your willingness to be honest in sharing your own struggles. Your blog has been such a huge comfort and encouragement to me! This post in particular was like it was written directly to me; seriously, it's like God spoke to me through you, addressing my thoughts and worries and failures from earlier in the day. It's really cool when He speaks that way. :)
    I guess kind of like the movie Meet the Robinsons, we just need to "keep moving forward!" :) Thank you again for the encouragement, dear sister. God bless you. <3

20. Barbie says:

Great job! Now, tell me how I can do this while working full time and getting home late most nights. Maybe I bit off more than I could chew?

21. Laura says:

I love your blog. You are so inspirational and make me realize I can push on no matter what.

22. in wonder says:

thanks for the encouragement! and great job on the refrig. ☺

23. Angie S says:

Thank you so much for being real and for your encouraging words! I spent an afternoon/evening yesterday wallowing in feeling unmotivated, disconnected, and lonely. Today, I wake to face another gray, cloudy day…. fighting the same feelings. I'll keep putting one foot in front of the other trying to cling to the victory that I am made for more than this. Thank you

24. lea says:

you are so right! and His grace is sufficient.
    love your bright, clean frig!

25. Jasmine says:

You had me with the title, too. ;-)

26. Jenn says:

just found your blog and LOVE IT!!

27. thelifechangeministries says:

How fun! I've been looking at this house of mine all week thinking, "Man I need to clean bad." And oh gosh don't let me get started with the fridge and laundry. I felt so bad this morning when I saw my husband sitting "looking around." "I know I need to clean." I said to him.

Think I will get on on this.

Do we need to read your ebook Sarah?

28. Mrs. P. says:

Thank you so much for this post. It was exactly what I needed to read today. Sometimes I feel like a failure and get discouraged because of my own shortcomings as a mom (to three girls 5yrs, 3yrs & 7months), wife and a keeper of the home. Beacause of your message for today, I remembered again that there is grace for every day and that I don't have to give up, but am allowed to start from the beginning.

Today I felt like smiling when I folded laundry, thanks to you from across the globe. :)

29. Elizabeth says:

Thank You. Just…Thank you. :)

30. Sandy says:

Okay- I just have to ask…what is that in the bottom right hand picture? Spaghetti?