Ibuprofen, Coffee, and Surrender

4:30am up and ready to get work done before the babes get up.

6:22am and nothing has been accomplished that I wanted to get accomplished. Things went wrong, Murphy’s Law intervened, and now my head hurts out of frustration and¬†discouragement.

And now?

Now I’m going to go and cuddle with my half-awake babies.

Sometimes you just have to let go of what you think you can control and just give in to how the day leads.

I surrender.

23 Coffee Talks on “Ibuprofen, Coffee, and Surrender”

1. Renee says:

Oh no, hurting head are no fun in the morning, or the rest of the day!!! Prayed for pain free, and many small blessings to make you smile today ;-)

2. Brenda Meadows says:

Absolutely nothing better than snuggling with sweet half-awake babies! Hope you have a great day!

3. Chris says:

Yep… I feel you there. My little one was up every two hours to nurse last night. Then the last hour or two we were in bed she would only snooze smooshed against me, which is uncomfortable for me. I finally just got us both up and had to change a dirty diaper, clean up a puppy accident, take dogs out, feed dogs, feed baby…. all before my coffee. So much nicer when I can get up and have a bit of quiet time before that all starts!

4. Carey Bailey says:

ooooh how I can relate. That was my last week. The letting go part is an interesting critter. With Joy, Carey

5. @monicalocke says:

Amen Sister:) Homeschooling has taught me that…after a few years you learn to surrender your day and just say, "Lord, help me do what matters most today!" That often does not look like my "to do list". Thanks for sharing…I am always so encouraged by you because I can relate!

6. Right! Embrace every moment!

7. Jessica says:

I've been struggling with a migraine for almost a week now…. so frustrating because my normal cocktail of ibuprofen, can of coke, and a nap just aren't possible and allowed during pregnancy. Hugs to you…. not sure if it's the weather lately or what but headaches seem to be running on full power :(

8. amy says:

I know how ya feel~ I always have big plans to get things done and be efficient, and something always gets in the way~ ugh. Sometimes you really do have to just give i and go with the flow of the day~

9. Jen says:

those are the precious moments that I can look back on. My boys are now too big and I just have one to cuddle with. I miss those mornings of all us cuddling and talking in my bed before we started the day. They are precious and go by to fast. Enjoy your time!

10. Gail says:

With 4 little ones myself, I totally understand! Sometimes we just have to be still and let go of our own agenda. Maybe God has other plans for our day than what we have :)

11. Ashley says:

Thank you so much for posting, I feel much the same today…I blogged about it to!

12. bluecottonmemory says:

I have learned to plan cushion time into my schedule – and dog-gone-it – stuff sill pops up and gobbles up my cushion time leaving me behind. I think it gets worse when the kids get older – and, well, that just doesn'[t make sense to me! Hope you find some of that just right time for yourself tomorrow!

13. Michelle says:

I hope you are feeling better by now, Sarah! I've had many days that began ambitiously only to find me in bed within two hours of waking, due to fibro.

Snuggling with the little ones is always a wonderful alternative to chores, though!:)

14. Shelly says:

Absolutely! I'm learning to try not to control my days and just roll with it! Which goes completely against my nature! Homeschooling a special needs child will do that to you! Praying for no more headache, they are the worst! And that your day is filled with blessings!

15. Jasmine says:

Yes, praying for you today. Morning headaches are not fun. Enjoy those sweet little babes. ;-)

16. Rebekah says:

This was my day yesterday — and I'm sad to say that I didn't surrendur. Thank you for the challenge for this new day!

17. I am sorry for your headache, Sarah Mae!

I am truly grasping that every. single. day. is a surrender of control, isn't it? Not always easy, but when it happens it is beautiful.

If you get a chance (I know you are so busy), I would absolutely love it if you commented on my post (http://amomentcherished.blogspot.com/2011/05/following-throwugh-with-i-do-part-1.html). I have a sweet girl in my life who is getting married. She has asked me to explain what I think our biblical responsibilities of a wife to her husband are. I would LOVE to have your input and insight. But no pressure – really.

Grace for your day.

~Tiffany

18. camille says:

AMEN, had one of those weeks last week… But God is good and knows what He's doing! i'm so glad that He is in control…even when it looks like pure chaos at times, HE IS ON THE THRONE!
    Thanks for sharing :-)

19. Meredith says:

I think you made the right choice. My days always start better when I neglect (however briefly) the chores in favour of snuggling with the babies. Pray the headache stays away!

20. Candace says:

What time do you go to bed?!?! I can't imagine doing that on a daily basis!… however I do want to be able to get out of bed with a smile on my face instead of being grumpy! Your post inspired me this morning: http://cre8freedom.blogspot.com/

I welcome comments & tips on how to get motivated in the morning!!

21. Laura says:

Sometimes I need to remember that. I tend to get obsessed with things I am trying to figure out. And frustrated.

22. Honey says:

I wake up with the best of intentions. Then I nurse one twin and nurse the other twin. We get breakfast and it's time to nurse one or both of them again. Then someone falls asleep on me and freaks when I move. So, I sit. Sometimes I nurse through their naps if my behind can handle the same position for 3 hours. I love them to pieces, but I fight the need to be doing something. I was really struck by your words, "I surrender." I don't, but I need to. Every time my day doesn't go like I want it to. Every time I don't get to the things that need do, but just get by. Every time I don't get to have me time because someone desperately needed me more. I surrender. Thank you.

blessings
    Honey

23. So glad to know I am not the only one who does that!!!