The Thing We All Have in Common: Imperfection

“How come we’re so surprised when we see it {incompetence} in others and so devastated when it has occurred in ourselves?…Come on, ease off.  If our perfect Lord is gracious enough to take our worst, our ugliest, our most boring, our least successful, our leaning tower of failures and forgive them, burying them in the depths of the sea, then it’s high time we give each other a break….After all, imperfection is one of the few things we still have in common.  It links us close together in the same family!  So then, whenever one of us blows it and we can’t hide, how about a little support from those who haven’t been caught yet?  Oops, correction.  How about a lot of support?”

Chuck Swindoll, Come Before Winter

8 Coffee Talks on “The Thing We All Have in Common: Imperfection”

1. Jan Udlock says:

That is such a great quote. And what is really a tragedy is that Christians seem to be extra hard on themselves. :(

Thanks for the reminder.
    Jan

2. Jodi says:

This was perfect timing; I totally forgot my son had worship practice tonight, and his youth pastor called looking for him. I HATE that. . .

3. Debbie T says:

That is a GREAT quote. I especially loved: After all, imperfection is one of the few things we still have in common. We are so quick to judge others and beat ourselves up instead of taking all the broken pieces to God and saying – "Here! You take it!" We work so hard at being perfect instead of letting Him perfect us, don't we? This is good stuff to chew on today!

4. @PrairieLady says:

I recognize in myself this tendency. Good reminder. Gotta love Chuck. :))

5. momzookeeper says:

This is so true. We ALL have our imperfections, and I'm so thankful that God forgives and loves us! I follow your blog through Google Reader and rarely get a chance to comment. I'm asking for fellow bloggers to help me in spreading the word to pray for dear missionary friends of ours, Cory & Jessie Lyons in Manila, Philippines, and their unborn baby Corbett. More information here: http://momzookeeper.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/what… Could you share this with your readers? They are a dear, sweet young couple and we are trying to spread the word and share their need for prayer. Thank you!
    Missy-aka MomZookeeper

6. Kara says:

this:

"After all, imperfection is one of the few things we still have in common. " Isn't that the truth? And that would be sad if it weren't for grace, but as it is… His love covers the multitude of our imperfections! Amen! :)

7. momsflightschool says:

Oh, how I love this!!! :)

8. Sandy says:

Great quote and a good one to remember in marriage and as a mom to teens, this is also good! :)