The Space Between

Couch in a Field
One large room with two large couches.

And there I’ve been, camped out on one or the other. But now I’m up off the couch, and I’m sitting in the space between…watching…listening…waiting.

For His voice.

And my hope? My hope is that by His strength those couches will be moved closer to one another. Our knees will touch and our eyes will look up.

Up to the One who says,

“By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35

___

How far does love go?

Photo Credit: Couch in a Field

10 Coffee Talks on “The Space Between”

1. Yes! My prayer always … I wish I could remember who said it but one of my favorite quotes is, "In necessary things, unity; in unnecessary things, liberty; and in all things, charity."

2. Oops, I typed that quote wrong. Should be: "In necessary things, unity; in doubtful things, liberty; in all things, charity." {Getting close to bedtime here!}

3. Traci says:

Love goes the distance. It doesn't hold anything back. It loves without reservation. It dares to love when it is uncomfortable. It loves without expecting anything in return. Love costs something (our time, our comfort, our will).

Love is……………. SO WORTH IT!

Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

4. Love is so very important. One of my favorite passages is 1 Corinthians 13. There is not one single person that does not need love. In our lives we need to love when we understand a situation and we need to love even more when we don't understand the situation. Verse 8 in 1 Corinthians 13 "Love never fails".

5. brittney says:

love your blog!

6. Georgia Carver says:

AWESOME!!!!,,, (can I just keep typing) AWESOME!!! (?)
    Thank you!!! Everyone!!!
    Georgia

7. Joy says:

Heeheeheee… clicked onto your blog with all three kids climbing around me. They saw your photo and immediately gasped. "What is that couch doing OUTSIDE??? Why is it outside, mommy? It is supposed to be inside!" Made me giggle.

8. martha brady says:

i was writing about this recently based on phil. 2:4-8. if we have the same attitude as Christ we do not clutch our rights (like He could have), but become servants and become obedient even to the point of death.
    i wonder if that isn't talking about dying to the things we have a right to? we COULD call them up. but we don't b/c of something more important that is at stake.
    gives a new dimension to friendships and relationships in general…certainly to marriage!
    i know i was convicted:)

9. EJ's mom says:

love goes on and on and on…

if it's not so much to ask, can I invite you to visit my blog and leave some thoughts on any of the categories? that way it won't just encourage me but will add wisdom in raising my kids…

thanks! http://alettertoej.wordpress.com/

10. @monicalocke says:

I just shared my story publicly a week ago. HUGE STEP…and only by the power of God. Funny how God continued to bring the theme of LOVE to me. Love matters. Yet, when relationships are hard and people have hurt us….I so want to just run, but He keeps calling me to choose love and forgiveness….to be the first to reconcile. OUCH. So hard, but necessary if I believe Him to be all that He is. Oh how He deals with my heart…..learning to love as I have been loved is just plain hard and only can I through the power of the Holy Spirit.