You’re Going to Mess Up Grace

I talk about grace, but I don’t give it well.

Not in a moment.

Not when emotions are high and spirit pushed back low.

I fail at grace, which is so ironic, right? When we fail, there is grace from the grace-giver. But people are messy and stained; I am messy and stained.

My roots swell with pride.

Talking about grace is easy, living it requires nothing short of it.

17 Coffee Talks on “You’re Going to Mess Up Grace”

1. Jen says:

So, true…so, true. Grace is so much easier to receive than to give to others. Part of the human spirit maybe that just wants to be right? I don't know. I know that is is something that I struggle with as well. Jen

2. Barbie says:

I am so thankful His mercies are new every morning!

3. angelanazworth says:

So true…so hard..yet so beautiful

4. Renee says:

Grace, love, meekness… all beautiful words that flows from our mouth along side of sin, pride, selfishness, BUT are they just words. Are we using our Christian lingo just to have the appearance of Christianity,,, or do we understand fully what they mean!!!

I admit I have a blurry understanding of how MUCH a sacrifice Jesus did for us, seriously, my mind, mind mere human mind, with it's limited capacities and understanding can't wrap itself around HOW much this SACRIFICE was HUGE!!!!! He so LOVE the world that He gave his one and only son, LOVE LOVE God's LOVE is nothing like how we love. how we trow that word around like a ping-pong ball.

We love things, we love people, we love being in love, all on a emotional level and rarely on a rational one! We love without the bigger understanding of what LOVE really means.

Do I love my husband, my children, my fellow brothers and sister even my enemies like God LOVES them? Not even close!!!!

I'm still learning, but sometime I wonder, I wonder, will I fully "understand" Love, Grace before I meet my maker? Will I be able to LOVE like He did, extant Grace Like He did.

Will I, one day, reflect the image of Christ, reflect to the world how God sees me, and not how I see myself!!!!

5. Jen says:

thank you – I needed that this morning

6. Brandi says:

I think about this all the time when it comes to my kids and my husband. I tend to have much more of a knee jerk reaction in the moment and it drives me crazy about myself. I often find myself going to my kids or to my husband and simply saying I'm sorry and that I was wrong. I ask for forgiveness. I am trying to make a conscious effort to slow down before I act. When I actually do this, it always goes much better. Glad to know I'm not the only one, friend.

7. @jordyliz says:

my WORD this year is grace and i am struggling. grateful that none of us are alone in that.

8. Me too. I wish I could rid myself of my flesh completely. I admire the humble and those who listen more than they speak. I look at grace as love in action. It's easy to love until we're called to love in a difficult situation. I love that you preach a message of grace, and at the same time encourage a vigorous pursuit of God.

9. Sheryl says:

I have a post prepared for Monday about Grace! Your post so resonate's with me. Wow! How can we be more full of grace, so ready to give it, so ready to teach the proper way…..? Thanks as always for your honest blog!

10. Tracy Stoffell says:

Funny you should talk about Grace today. Yesterday I had to remind myself to show grace, love and compassion. Talk about a test.

Tracy

11. ah, there's the rub!

fondly,
    glenda

12. Stephanie @ All Things Faithful says:

And yet, there is so much encouragement in knowing we are not alone! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about … so thankful that He isn't finished with any of us, yet!!

13. Sisterlisa says:

Isn't grace already messy? ;) oh so messy..like honey dripping down the side of the honey jar after slathering it over my cereal. Messy like the gloppy grape jelly on the counter after my son made his sandwich. Messy like the tear stained face of a mommy who lost her temper over spilled milk. I love that grace is already messy. I think receiving grace can be just as hard for someone to accept as it is for some to give it to others. It's a good thing grace is messy..so messy that it overflowed and spilled out all over the whole world.

14. Rachel says:

bea-u-ti-ful. we do need grace for grace- awesome!

15. Michelle says:

So true,Sarah. Grace for a messy grace giver! How I know it!

16. Hi Sarah!
    Grace, unmerited favor; a free gift. Would you indulge me in a girl-power moment? Grace is such a feminine word that I think my indulgence can be excused :) You see, I can't help but think Grace is like a woman of God.

She's lovely and sometimes quiet. She is reckless and unprejudiced with herself, she gives freely, even too much. She thrusts herself into the fray without hesitation. She's mocked for her blind love, she may even be be scourged for it.

But she bears up, unbruised and unspoiled. Grace isn't weak. She is tough as nails and soft as rose petals.

–Sarah Elizabeth

17. Richella says:

A brilliant statement, Sarah Mae:

Talking about grace is easy. Living it requires nothing short of it.

Whoa! Amen, girl! Well said. . . and true. So true.