Four Today

Tucking these breaths of God in my heart today…

“A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.” Proverbs 15:1

“She speaks with wisdom, and on her tongue there is tender instruction.” Provers 31:26

“Sowhatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this isthe Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12

“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted,¬†forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32

___

P.S. The winner of the Prayer Art giveaway is Kara, from As Far as the East is From the West.

P.P.S. I took down the Love is the Point post because there was so much miscommunication. I hope you will understand.

18 Coffee Talks on “Four Today”

1. Kendal says:

Proverbs 31:26 is such a good reminder for me, in so many ways. But especially in regards to my children. The word "tender" is challenging. Many times I often need to stop my words (and pray) before I even speak them to my children. Or sadly, speak them and realize how harsh and unkind they actually were. Claiming this today and praying I can walk this out…….minute by minute some days! Praying in can instruct them with kindness and tenderness!

2. Stef says:

Sarah, found your blog on "a wise woman", but noticed today that your site was no longer listed on her site. What's the deal?

Stef, I don't know, but I love June and have so much respect for her – she is a wise woman and I consider her a friend and mentor.

• Stef says:

It's back on the list…maybe I am going crazy! It's just my usual method of getting to your site – going to her site and then to her "lovely places to visit" and you are one of those lovely places! Sorry for any confusion!! :)

3. Renee says:

I LOVE those verses, thanks for sharing!

4. Traci says:

Amen! :-) <3 you. I want to speak tender gentleness!

5. Christina B says:

thank you…so much! for the gentle reminder of His incredible truths and encouragement…with the start of a new week of homeschooling, these verses are EXACTLY with is needed:)
    be blessed…

6. Esther Dee says:

Thank You for this reminder….needed to hear this today. As always you really truly inspire me. Blessings as always <3

7. singinjenny says:

I am also insiped lately to try to be a more gentle influence on my household. This is a challenge

8. Angela says:

Those are some good ones. Thanks for the refresher!

9. Jessica says:

I spent some time reading & meditating on Ephesians 4 this morning and was incredibly blessed by it. Thank you for the reminders. :-)

10. Tracy Stoffell says:

Such beautiful words of wisdom. Those are verses we should keep on our heart.

Tracy http://tracyscoffeecafe.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/…

11. Jami says:

I have Proverbs 31:26 on a note card taped to my kitchen cabinet! I read it every morning, it's such a great reminder. I want to be the type of woman my heavenly Father wants me to be and I'm so thankful He gave me a blueprint. I pray that as women we can give each other tenderness and wise cousel. Thanks for your thoughtful posts Sara Mae.

12. Kara says:

Sarah Mae,

I'm excited about winning the prayer art! I feel very blessed. :)

I am also SO encouraged by these verses you posted today. I cannot tell you how timely they are for me. Such encouragement that my heart and mind are so needful of these days.

Thank you!
    Kara

13. Reborn says:

Ok, this is why I love you! I had Proverbs 15:1 stuck in my head all day yesterday after reading through the comments on Love Is the Point (a post I thoroughly enjoyed). One of my favorite parts about your blog is the way you put Proverbs 15:1 into practice. I think taking the post down was a sad, but wise decision. Though I disagreed with the negative comments on the post, I did see their point, and where the misunderstanding came from. You are "Love is the Point" in action. :)

14. jennifer says:

I don't understand why you took it down? I loved it so much that I sent it to my friend for encouragement…

Jennifer, check out graceisforsinners.com – you and your friend will find many articles from Serena like the one that was posted here. It just became so divisive, which wasn't the point at all.