Francis Chan Leaves Church, Moves to Asia

So I looked up one of his sermons and I found this:

Today, this message is permeating my soul.

“Christian famous” pastor quits his church, moves to Asia

13 Coffee Talks on “Francis Chan Leaves Church, Moves to Asia”

1. Crystal says:

My husband and I have listened/watched this sermon several times. He has several sermons that the Holy Spirit has use to really convict and challenge us. I did a study with a group of girls with Crazy Love. Really good stuff.

2. Robin says:

I was just reading about him the other day. I also looked up some of his writing and sermons–WOW! Powerful teaching. Profound belief that he obviously backs with his life choices. Thanks for sharing this clip.
    Robin´s last [type] ..Freedom In Surrender—Part 2
    Robin´s last [type] ..Freedom In Surrender—Part 2

3. Wendy Gunn says:

Francis Chan's book (Crazy Love) is one of the five top Christian books for guys that I recommended on my blog, and I continue to be impressed with (though not idolizing) his testimony as a Christian. He truly points people to Jesus Christ.

Blessings,

Wendy

Faith's Firm Foundation
    Wendy Gunn´s last [type] ..Top Christian Books For Him
    Wendy Gunn´s last [type] ..Top Christian Books For Him

4. Renee Stam says:

Wow no word Wow!!! Amazing sermon, thank you thank you for sharing!!!

5. WOW! I shared this on FB. I hope it impacts others the way it has impacted me. Thanks for sharing.
    Emily@Creative Disas´s last [type] ..Gingerbread House-ing
    Emily@Creative Disas´s last [type] ..Gingerbread House-ing

6. I have a lot of his teachings on my iPod. What I like is that he aligns with scripture, I'm always convicted and challenged, and I never felt like I was in a place of idolizing Francis, rather God was speaking to me through him. He's not always easy to read or listen to, but it's certainly worth it.
    Dianne – Bunny Trail´s last [type] ..Lunar Eclipse
    Dianne – Bunny Trail´s last [type] ..Lunar Eclipse

7. Christin says:

I only got a bit into it because I wanted to save it to watch with my husband later, but what I DID hear truly challenged my heart.

And I never saw myself the way he described us all: Rich. I mean, I knew we taken care of and waaay better then we deserve. But I never saw myself as the rich man described in the Bible.

But, it also takes me back to a conversation my husband and I had recently. I asked him if he ever wondered why God placed us in this particular civilization–one that is so rich and comfortable. What does He want us to do? Ya know?

I look forward to watching the remainder of his sermon. We own Crazy Love (my husband bought it not knowing anything about Mr. Chan) and we are honestly still becoming acquainted with him and his ministry. I don't think my husband ever finished the book (but I could be mistaken).

Thank you for bringing this to light. One thing I don't want to do is say "how good" his sermon was and not let it change my actions.
    Christin´s last [type] ..Closed for Christmas
    Christin´s last [type] ..Closed for Christmas

8. Stephanie H says:

I love that you challenge me. Thank you.

9. Joy says:

I just finished his book, Crazy Love, and it rocked my world. Similar to this message in content, that book, along with Radical by David Platt are two seriously awe-inspiring (awe of God that is) and challenging books I have read.

I love the example that Francis Chan gives us of becoming "small" by leaving "Christian" fame and pursuing true servanthood. Love that.

Blessings to you, Sarah Mae!

Joy
    Joy´s last [type] ..Quiet Christmas
    Joy´s last [type] ..Quiet Christmas

10. Jacquie Olsen says:

Okay, Sarah Mae, I am now ruined for life. Thank God that He reveals His truths to us. This message was profound in the way it was given. The question is, now what are we going to do about it? My heart has been burning and yearning for Jesus but this steps it up another whole level. As Francis said, if we really do see the Kingdom of Heaven like a treasure, do our lives reflect this? Great question for self reflection. I will listen to this several times and take notes next time. And pray. I loved the three things Francis challenges us to pray. Let's commit this next year to not only filling our minds with knowledge of who God is and what His word says, but rather let's DO things for Jesus as He asks of us not to do good works, but simply because we love Him with abandonment and recklessness. I would love to continue this conversation to encourage each other to be on fire, no matter the cost.

11. Christin says:

My husband and I just finished watching this sermon. Yes, it has challenged us and we are seeking His face even more. He is giving me an even clearer vision for the coming year. What He wants of me–and that is to let it all go so I can focus on Him. Fill my days with more of Him and less of "everything else".

What does it look like to be on fire for God? I'm not sure yet, but I know I don't want to be lukewarm. Yes, my heart burns and yearns to know Him more. Is that the fire He means? I don't feel like one who would say, "I have enough God in my life", because I never feel like I have enough of Him.

Oh…oh so much to ponder and pray. Thank you for sharing this.
    Christin´s last [type] ..Closed for Christmas
    Christin´s last [type] ..Closed for Christmas

12. Tracey says:

Oh, whoa. I am so glad I took time to watch this today. I pray this stays with me. I want to look differently today than I did yesterday at the things of God.

Thank you for introducing us to Francis Chan.
    Tracey´s last [type] ..Bowlful of Christmas Cheer
    Tracey´s last [type] ..Bowlful of Christmas Cheer

13. Dana Renda says:

WOW! This was great! Perfect to start off the New Year! On Fire for Jesus Christ!!!!

Thanks Sara Mae

Happy New Year
    Dana Renda´s last [type] ..Beginning of a New Year!
    Dana Renda´s last [type] ..Beginning of a New Year!