Grace & Freedom

Today I’m taking in freedom…

The freedom to sleep in just a little bit.

The freedom to say “no” to being more involved in church (during this season in life).

The freedom to let go of false guilt.

The freedom to fall apart sometimes.

The freedom to rest in the peace that I don’t have to have it all together to receive the grace of God.

His grace offers freedom to the battle worn soul.

14 Coffee Talks on “Grace & Freedom”

1. Hi Sarah Mae I will join you! It is such a lift off the shoulders to know that no matter how many times we fall the Lord will always be there to pick us up!!

Thanks for the reminder.

Serving with Joy,
    Sonya
    .-= sonya schroeder´s last blog post … Memorial Day – Remembering Our Soldier's =-.

2. Mindy says:

Great post – I especially love the freedom to say "no" to more church involvement during this season. Last year I had an epiphany or sorts realizing my greatest ministry is to my children and with that realization I ended up giving up a leadership role w/ our women's Bible study. It was a hard decision, but when I realized how stressed I was with my children each week on the day of Bible study, trying to get out the door, on time, etc., I realized a yelling, cranky mommy is NOT the ministry I want my children to remember. :) I'm looking forward to when I feel I can join back in as a leader, but I've appreciated being able to step back and just be "mom" immensely.
    .-= Mindy´s last blog post … Memorial Day – Precious Moments =-.

3. Sarah says:

I am embracing the freedom to not be obligated to my blog readers. To really spend time with my family and teach and grow.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog post … Motivate Me Monday – The Unmotivate Version =-.

4. Amanda says:

Some how or another, this post appeared at the absolute moment it needed to. That, is a God thing.
    .-= Amanda´s last blog post … How does one go about being worth MORE than rubies?? =-.

5. Anna says:

Enjoy that sleeping in today :)

6. I'm joining you! Saying "no" is one of the hardest things to do, but the rewards of doing what you know you need to are amazing. Peace in your heart and home is much more valuable than a ministry elsewhere.

Blessings! :)
    .-= Myra @ My Blessed Life´s last blog post … Happy Memorial Day! =-.

7. Amy says:

AMEN!!!
    God's grace is sufficient!

8. Kela says:

The freedom to let go of false guilt…I've been there. Still revisit sometimes.
    Those are the times that Roman 12:2 and Ephesians 4:23 play such a vital role in my life. Its then that I realize that I haven't renewed my mind with God's Word.

Thank You Lord for grace and freedom!! Amen!
    .-= Kela´s last blog post … A Firm Grasp on a Husband’s Leading =-.

9. donna o says:

Are you familiar with Michael Card-the artist/author? he has a phenomenal insight into life! One of his songs says:
    It's hard to imagine
    The freedom we find
    From the things
    That we leave behind
    So true! I pray you continue in this walk of freedom to say no to what does not matter and yes to what does. To embrace His loving freedom in every way possible and the NEVER forget we do not have to DO anything to acquire His love and freedom :0)!.
    .-= donna o´s last blog post … Post Surgery…BLECH! =-.

10. it is for freedom that we have been set free!
    .-= lea Helmerich´s last blog post … beauty =-.

11. I couldn't help but think of a picture we have hanging in our entryway

"Our family might not have it all together but together we have it all"

every time I read it it reminds me that it's okay that the dishes aren't done, it's okay that the beds aren't made, it's okay that I want to just lock myself in the bathroom just for the fact of being alone.

Thanks for the reminder, Sarah Mae!
    .-= Alaina Frederick´s last blog post … Meet Owwee =-.

12. Kathi says:

I'll take the freedom too…but it's not always easy.
    .-= Kathi´s last blog post … 365 – 9 =-.

13. Barbie says:

Thank you. I was needing a little freedom to experience more of God's grace today. I am going through a few personal things and really needed that.
    .-= Barbie´s last blog post … Miscellany Monday =-.

14. We just re-evaluated all our commitments, especially with church and ministry, and pulled back out of EVERYTHING we felt God was telling us to give up. It was hard, but our family life has been so much more calm and peaceful, and we now feel we are serving where God wants to use us.

Saying no and being able to focus on our relationship with God versus each other instead of rushing from one thing to the other has been amazing.

I'm also reading "In Praise of Slowness" by Carl Honore and it has been life-changing as well.

Have a blessed day~