Giving In (Part 2 of my incourage "ick" post)

Magnolia Leaf

It is so weird to have posted something so vulnerable.

I feel like you all have now glimpsed behind the flesh wall into the soul wound…and it is humbling.  However, it is good…

Because it is real.

And I know I’m not the only one.

Since the time of when I first wrote the “ick” post, some things have changed.  I realized that I could not try harder, do better, make myself feel differently than I did.  I was completely and utterly at the mercy of a God who is the only one who can restore what the locusts have eaten.

It is when I said, “I can’t do it” that He did.  It is when I gave in, threw in the towel, and determined to let God into my heart and soul to do the surgery work while I was knocked out…’cause knocked out I was!

I won’t go into details, but I will say that the bondage I was in is no more.

Is everything perfect?  No.  Is everything much much better and more beautiful?  Yes.  God is that good, that loving, and that caring…He does care about intimacy.  Union.  Marriage.  Oneness.

You are not beyond redemption.  You do not have to live with the consequences of sin forever.  He restores.  He gives life to the dead.

If you are struggling with intimacy, please please please do not not give up…just give in.  Give in to God and let Him heal you from the inside out.  Fight for your marriage.  Your husband needs you, and you need him.  Don’t turn cold on him, let the anger go to God in a heart cry.  You are not alone in this struggle.

And you can be healed.

He promises.

“You did it: you changed wild lament
into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I’m about to burst with song;
I can’t keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can’t thank you enough.”  Psalm 30:11,12

Recommended Resources:

Intimate issues, Linda Dillow

Intended for Pleasure, Ed Wheat

Click here and join me on this life journey.

24 Coffee Talks on “Giving In (Part 2 of my incourage "ick" post)”

1. Larie says:

"You are not beyond redemption."

Man, I needed that reminder. I really had forgotten that!

smooches,
    Larie
    .-= Larie´s last blog post … …of the first time =-.

2. This is all I want to share: I need God to help my marriage
    .-= Jennifer (Savor)´s last blog post … Earth's Best Food: TypeAMom Feeding Contest Entrant =-.

3. Corinne says:

Such a brave insightful post. Thank you!
    .-= Corinne´s last blog post … All by yourself =-.

4. Allie z says:

Oh Sarah Mae, can I ever relate to both the ick and the current posts! B and I have struggled, round and round the topics, because of poor choices made earlier in life. Ugh! Ick! It can create such issues! This weekend was out turning point, giving it to God (seperately) and what He did with it was nothing short of beautiful, simply redeeming. The words my husband shared were 100% of God and heard with 100% broken heart.

It's amazing what God can do, if we just give in to Him. I couldn't agree more!
    .-= Allie z´s last blog post … Party time =-.

5. Relationships of any kind are tough (any married woman can attest to this fact) but if we hang in their, God can see us through.

6. Jen says:

Thank you for sharing.
    .-= Jen´s last blog post … One Thousand Gifts =-.

7. Tracy says:

What a wonderful follow up of hope! Thank you for your vulnerability. I am blessed to hear where God has brought you. I am SO there with you, sister!
    .-= Tracy´s last blog post … You Will Become Someone =-.

8. ~Brenda says:

Bless you for having the courage to post on a taboo subject. And more than that, thank you for the reminder.

~Brenda
    Ps. 34:18
    .-= ~Brenda´s last blog post … Empty Nesting =-.

9. Carrie says:

Sarah Mae, thank you for being vulnerable in order to help others. I'm proud of you.

Praise God for his redemptive power!!!

10. Debbie says:

Good stuff Sarah Mae! Preach it on Sister! God loves to rescue us – from our own filth, our own pain, our own mess – and clean us up and make us beautiful inside and out for His glory! Hallelujah!
    .-= Debbie´s last blog post … Complete Randomness… =-.

11. Ashley says:

I really have not struggled too much in this issue because I met my husband fairly young and we have stayed faithful to each other since (and waited until marriage. Of course there were some things to work through, but not a bundle like many I know.) However, hearing this is eye opening for several reasons. First, it reminds me to be so thankful for one less struggle in our marriage. Just being married provides plenty of issues. Second, it gives me some kind of wisdom to pass to my daughter. To see the hurt that can come from passing yourself around (which I certainly did to a lesser degree) is more profound than I can imagine or describe without some extra background. I have plenty of shortcomings and this just served to remind me that nothing I have done is beyond redemption.
    .-= Ashley´s last blog post … Reflecting the Son =-.

12. Kris says:

Thanks for being vulnerable. You provide great hope for someone like me who is on the opposite side of this very difficult issue. Here's hoping he is as willing to "give in to God" as you were.

13. Kathy Howard says:

Wonderful reading. Thanks for sharing.

14. Rachel says:

"You are not beyond redemption." That is what I wanted to leave as a comment in your "ick" post, but couldn't come up with the words. I have found in my own life that redemption is always there, no matter how icky we think we are. There is always healing, always renewal at the feet of God. Thank you for sharing!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog post … keep your mouth shut, please =-.

15. Marie says:

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

As a single woman, I struggle and it is great to see someone who can be honest about the past. I look to Him for continued strength.

16. thank you…
    .-= Melissa Doddridge´s last blog post … Gentle Reminders….. =-.

17. HveHope says:

These words:

"Is everything much much better and more beautiful? Yes. God is that good, that loving, and that caring…He does care about intimacy. Union. Marriage. Oneness."

I feel the truth of these words in My Own Marriage. It has been 15 years (this Dec) and now the struggle is as a result of a physical condition ('severe' Fibroyalgia) and the attendant med-side-effects. But God healed (me mostly, for I had the most 'issues') and I live in expectant hope that, in His time and way, He will heal again.
    Because, "He does care about intimacy. Union. Marrage. Oneness." He does.
    Thank you again SarahMae.

18. Praise the Lord Sarah Mae!! :)
    .-= Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates´s last blog post … Tea For Two-sday ~ Teacup Tales Linky Next week =-.

19. jaya says:

sarah mae, check out this book… http://www.amazon.com/I-Married-You-Walter-Trobis… …really changed my perception. maybe you can help others.
    .-= jaya´s last blog post … =-.

20. Loved Part 1, the words you wrote describes what resonates through my head every day.

I can only pray that one day (still working on trust) it will happen like your Part 2 for me.
    .-= Lindsey @ A New Life´s last blog post … Fear {Perfect Love} =-.

21. I think I am dangerously close already. Praying hard, but this has gone on too long and seems never-ending. I am starting to wonder what is wrong with me, that we (hubby and I) can have gone through what we did, experienced salvation the way we did, have fought for our marriage the way we have, and yet intimacy is still out of reach.

22. Thory says:

Your sharing edifies, SarahMae. Such sharing is of God & for His ppl., esp.ly the women He loves. To God be the glory! =)

23. Beckie says:

I know this is an old post, but I can so relate. I'm not married, so it's hard to say how far I've come in healing. I think if I ever marry, there will be more work to do. But, the shame is mostly gone, I am a whole person again-God has restored what was taken from me, and as much as possible of what i gave away.