Advent Elf

So, I have an idea.

It’s kind of too late to implement this year, but hey, there is always next year.

Wanna know what my idea is?

The Advent Elf.

Before I share, I must admit that I can’t take credit for the whole idea. My inspiration came from Scout who is currently working for the family over at Bring the Rain.

But anywho, here is my little twist:

I am going to scrap the advent calendar and start the tradition of an advent elf. Every day our little elf (who has yet to be named) will show up in a new place and the kiddos have to search him out and find him. He will have their assignments for serving Jesus for that day.

The fun is finding the elf in a new spot each day.

The glory is in honoring Jesus with service.

Now I just have to find a cute little elf to fill the role…

18 Coffee Talks on “Advent Elf”

1. Sarah says:

We are a little late getting on the elf bandwagon as well, but are looking forward to starting it next year!

2. Sally Pepper says:

Good idea! Keep them coming!

3. Lisa @ Stop and Smel says:

Very cute!

4. Sarah says:

5. Sally Pepper says:

Good idea! Keep them coming!

6. Bonnie says:

I like that. I really like your advent calendar idea as well. Something we might impliment next year. I just need to not forget the ideas. Thank goodness for archives:)

7. helenw13 says:

OH Sarah,This is one of my fondest memories of Christmas time growing up…my mom had an elf that looked just like the one you posted…mine was red and my brother's was green…we loved searching them out each day…it was so much fun…

8. Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates says:

Very cute!

9. helenw13 says:

10. southerninspiration says:

Oh, Oh, shouldn't his name be John the Baptist???? The forerunner of the Christ??? LoL…..or how about John John??? Love the idea!Suzanne

11. southerninspiration says:

12. Bonnie says:

13. Nana 2 four says:

Oh, I love this idea and just have to share it with my daughters. What a fun tradition to start.Beth

14. Andrea says:

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing. Scour those after CHRISTmas sales and find the perfect one. I am going to check at Target or Gooseberry Patch (online). They both have awesome and unique items.THanks again for the great idea. Merry CHRISTmas from NC!

15. Dana says:

that's a wonderful idea… especially since i was having so much trouble figureing out what kind of calendar would be fun but nice enough to hold the day to day service stuff… can i copy you? :)

16. Kim @ My Journey says:

I LOVE this idea…. particularly since I was not sure how to create a calendar (I lack the crafty gene).